- Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm
- Friday 9am-4pm
Modern Essentials (9th edition coming this fall!)
Buy 12+ for CAD $29.95 each.
Buy 36+ for CAD $26.95 each.
We strive to have all orders processed and
shipped within 1-2 business days
9TH EDITION IS COMING THIS FALL!!!
This popular hardcover book is truly one of a kind. Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is perfect for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the definitive guide, whether you are a new or an experienced essential oils user. Its simple, easy-to-use format has become the most accessible way to quickly find the information you need: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions and how to safely and effectively apply them. This book is a must for any aromatherapy library.
Features of the New Edition:
- Fresh update on a familiar cover.
- Simple, spacious page designs featuring more full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- New 2016 oils, spa products, and supplements.
- New "Simple Solutions"—over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips in "My Usage Guide" section.
- "My Usage Guide" organized alphabetically for hundreds of common disorders—like acne—and serious diseases—like diabetes.
- Easy-to-understand definitions after each medical condition in "My Usage Guide."
- New "Essential Oil Basics" chapter outlining application and safety fundamentals for novice and experienced essential oil users.
- Expanded, separate "Essential Living" chapter containing lifestyle ideas and recipes for personal care, children, cleaning, cooking, nutrition, and exercise.
- Interchangeable blend recipes for personal and home care in "Essential Living" chapter.
- Separate section for essential-oil inspired "Personal Care and Spa" products.
- Body systems symbol throughout the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- Section on "Plants and Essential Oils"—why and how plants create essential oils.
- "Single Essential Oils" and "Essential Oil Blends" sections with "Quick Facts" box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends with chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- New "Essential Oil Science In Depth" chapter enhancing knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies as footnote references throughout the book.
- Illustrated charts for auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, and more.
- "My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends" section with blank pages for personal observations and references (after the sections on "Single Essential Oils," "Essential Oil Blends," and "Essential Supplements").
Publication: September 2016, 8th Edition.
Dimensions: 8½" wide x 11¼" tall x ¾" deep.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Basics of Essential Oils
- An Introduction to Essential Oils
- A Brief History of Essential Oils
- Topical Application
- Auricular Internal Body Points
- Reflexology Hand and Foot Charts
- Balancing Touch Massage Technique
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Aromatic Application
- Nose and Olfactory System
- The Art of Blending
- Internal Application
- Single Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blends
- Essential Supplements
- Personal Care and Spa
- My Usage Guide
- How to Use This Section
- Dilution Reference Chart
- Body Systems
- Additional Notes on Using Essential Oils
- My Usage Guide
- Essential Living
- Bath and Shower Personal Care
- Waking Up/Energizing
- Diffuser Blends
- First Aid
- Essential Oils and Cooking
- Nutrition and Essential Oils
- Exercise and Essential Oils
- Essential Living
- Essential Oil Science in Depth
- How Essential Oils Interact with the Body
- Plants and Essential Oils
- Ensuring Essential Oil Purity and Quality
- Essential Oil Constituents
- Appendix and References
- Appendix A: Body Systems Chart
- Appendix B: Single Essential Oils Property Chart
- Appendix C: Essential Oil and Blend Quick Usage Chart
- Appendix D: Taxonomical Information
- Research References
- My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends